San Antonio Sexual Assault Lawyer
Sexual-related criminal offenses in Texas can carry immediate and severe long-term consequences. Sex offenses carry a stigma that can be experienced even if you are merely subject to a false allegation. In addition to possible prison sentences, convicted offenders can also be required to register as sex offenders and face a lifetime of hardship when it comes obtaining employment, housing, or professional licenses. Many alleged sex offenses are the product of disgruntled former spouses or other intimate partners seeking to gain an advantage in a child custody case or divorce. Criminal charges in sexual offense cases are often based solely on the claims of alleged victims, which may be exaggerated or completely manufactured. People accused of crimes, who know they are innocent believe that there is no harm in telling authorities their versions of events, but law enforcement is trained to trick and twist what you tell them. It is a huge mistake to make any kind of statement without legal representation.
If you were you arrested or think you may be under investigation for an alleged sexual offense in Texas, the Texas sexual assault lawyer at The Major Law Firm can defend you. The sexual crimes lawyer can defend you against:
• Sexual Assault
• Sexual Assault
• Sexual Assault of a Child
• Aggravated Sexual Assault of a Child
• Super Aggravated Sexual Assault of a Child
• Indecency with a Child
• Failure to Register as a Sex Offender
• Child Molestation
• Child Pornography
• Continuous Sexual Abuse of a Child
After an alleged victim has filed a report with police relating to an alleged sexual offense, authorities will take several steps in investigating the incident. After speaking to the alleged victim, detectives will collect any physical evidence and then attempt to speak to the alleged offender. Any person who is being investigated for committing a sexual offense should simply not say anything to authorities without a criminal defense attorney to protect their rights.
If you believe that you could be under investigation or you were already arrested in Texas for any kind of alleged sexual offense, it is in your best interest to remain silent until you have retain an attorney. Because of the stigma and impact of a sex crime allegation, you should retain an attorney as soon as possible so that The Major Law Firm can attempt to prevent formal charges from being filed.
The Major Law Firm can persuade the prosecutor to not file charges by:
• Seeking Suppression of Evidence: If you are facing a possession of child pornography charge, our sex crimes defense attorney may be able to obtain a court order suppressing the evidence obtained on your desktop computer, laptop, or office computer. If a motion to suppress is granted, the State will not be able to use the evidence at trial. You have certain rights under the Fourth Amendment to the United States Constitution to be free from unreasonable searches and seizures.
• Exposing Entrapment or Police Misconduct: When facing a solicitation of a minor charge, police often pose as an escort or underage child. An entrapment defense is complex, but the experienced sex crimes lawyer at The Major Law Firm can help the jury and prosecutor understand that you were not contemplating engaging in any type activity until law enforcement pushed you.
• Revealing motivations to lie: The Major Law Firm will conduct an investigation into the allegations against you to determine if there are any other motivations for bringing a false case against you.
If you are facing a sex crimes accusation, you need an experienced and committed sexual crimes defense attorney like The Major Law Firm to stand up and protect your rights and reputation. The Major Law Firm knows how prosecutors make decisions about whom to charge, and The Major Law Fim understand that many people are wrongly accused. Do not risk your reputation and your future by failing to hire The Major Law Firm. Call us today for a free consultation.