Slips and falls are the foremost causes of injuries in workplaces and retail locations in different parts of the world. According to CDC, falls account for 40% of traumatic brain injuries that require intensive care. Each year, more than one million people are admitted to the hospital because of slip and fall accidents.
Even though slip and fall injuries are very common, only a small percentage of people report the incident. This is because most of them believe that the accident was their fault.
The reality, however, is that these accidents can be easily prevented. Employers and property owners have a duty to implement safety standards on their premises to ensure that their employees, customers, and guests are protected.
However, some of them fail to properly maintain their premises and use warning signs to inform guests about present hazards. Therefore, if you slip or fall because of the negligence of a property owner (negligent party), and the accident causes serious injuries that require immediate medical attention, you should consider calling an attorney at The Major Law Firm.
We will help you receive fair compensation for your accident while you focus on your recovery.
What Are the Typical Reasons for Slips and Fall Accidents?
The common causes of slips and falls include:
- Uneven walking surfaces & slippery or wet floor due to liquid spills, dust, flooring, recently waxed or wet floors, and loose mats.
- Objects such as empty boxes impede areas that require access, causing tripping hazards.
- Loose cords and industrial cables and wires can catch feet as you move, causing you to trip and fall.
- Weather-related hazards such as ice, snow, and rain cause falls in walkways.
- Lack of training and resources that employees need to keep safe from injuries.
- Obstructed views due to poor lighting and other factors also lead to slip and fall accidents that could cause serious injury.
Even if you don't seem to be in obvious danger, we advise you to seek medical attention immediately after the accident happened.
If your San Antonio slip and fall accident was caused by any of these reasons, you should file a fall accident claim against the property owner or manager to pursue compensation.
Why Choose A The Major Law Firm Slip and Fall Lawyer San Antonio?
A slip and fall accident occurred and now you are looking for a professional San Antonio slip and fall lawyer who can help you recover compensation for the serious injuries that you've suffered.
Here are a few reasons why you should work with a The Major Law firm slip and fall injury lawyer:
- We work on a contingency basis for personal injury claims. This means you will only pay our fall accident lawyer once you win your case. If your slip and fall case doesn’t win, you will not need to pay us any legal fees.
- We understand that you don’t understand slip and fall laws, which is why we will patiently work with you every step of the way. Our San Antonio lawyers have experience representing clients during slip and fall claims and extensive knowledge of personal injury law. We will explain legal terms and keep you informed of any updates on your case.
- To win a slip and fall claim, you need to establish the property owner's negligence. Our lawyers will work tirelessly to get you the compensation you deserve under the Texas law. Abasi will take your case to trial if need be to ensure that you get full compensation under the premises liability law.
What is the Settlement for a Slip and Fall Accident?
A slip and fall claim is a premises liability claim that requires proving negligence, building a case, negotiating a settlement, and arguing a case at trial. The slip and fall settlement depends on how well your case is built.
The type of serious injury resulting from the slip and fall accidents are the component that will carry the heaviest weight when it comes to the final amount you may receive.
Although it is hard to accurately know how to calculate a fall settlement for the injured victim, you can get an idea from the different factors that must be considered when determining a settlement.
- Lost wages from failing to go to work
- Pain and suffering (non economic damages)
- Current and ongoing medical expenses or medical bills for injuries (broken bones, hip, spine, soft tissue injuries)
- Treatments by specialists and rehabilitation (mental health professionals because of emotional suffering)
- Permanent injuries (traumatic brain injury, spinal cord injury)
- Punitive damages
- Damage to your personal property
- Travel costs and personal expenses
Depending on the severity of your injuries, your insurance company will assign a number one through five. The higher the number, the higher the compensation you will receive in slip and fall cases. The average slip and fall settlement in San Antonio is between $30,000 and $50,000.
Connecting with a personal injury lawyer from The Major Law Firm as soon as possible will increase your chances of getting a settlement in your slip and fall accident claims. Contact us to get a free consultation with an experienced slip & fall attorney.
How Can Slip and Fall Lawyers at The Major Law Firm Lawyers Help Me Win My Case?
Our attorneys will take time to investigate your slip and fall accident and then evaluate the circumstances that caused it. We will then prepare a strong premises liability case that will ensure that you get compensated for your slip and fall accident. Here are the things we will do to win your case.
- We will collect evidence by gathering important information that will prove which party was at fault for your accident. You will need to establish that the property owner owed you a duty of care. Some of the evidence we will collect may include medical records, hospital bills, witness statements, and photographs of the accident scene.
- We will prove negligence by the property owner, the other party in thist type of personal injury case), by highlighting that responsibility was not taken and therefore caused your accident.
- We will negotiate with your insurance company using our extensive experience to ensure that you are not harassed into settling for less. As a result, you will receive the maximum compensation.
If you have been involved in a trip and fall accident and seek compensation, you can reach our legal team for a free initial consultation.
Our slip and fall attorneys in San Antonio will provide you with support, will clearly explain the legal process, and will work tirelessly to get you maximum compensation.
So, call us at 210-775-2974 or fill out this form to schedule a free consultation.